Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Turkey Breast with Veggies

I don’t know about y’all but I LOVE MY CROCK POT! Working a full time job, hitting the gym every day, and generally living a very busy life, I love the fix it and leave it method of a crock pot! More often than not, the things that are concocted in my kitchen are different combinations of lean meats and vegetables. I love to get creative with the ingredients I have on hand. I refuse to waste food, so I make sure to use up most everything that is perishable before I go to the store again! This recipe was definitely a product of that mentality. These are not vegetables or flavors I’ve combined before, but they mingled wonderfully!


Ingredients:
1 pound turkey breast roast
½ cup yellow onion, chopped
4 cups butternut squash, cubed
4 cups eggplant, cubed
2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
Dash salt & pepper
Juice of one lemon (throw the halves and/or zest in too if you want)
1 cup chicken broth

Directions:
Spread the onions on the bottom of the crock pot then set the turkey on top. Add the squash and eggplant around and on top of the turkey. Cover with seasonings, squeeze in lemon juice and pour on the chicken broth. Put the lid on and let cook on low for 8 hours. Now, go workout, play with your kids, or go on a nature hike, and enjoy your day! Come home to a zesty and flavorful dinner. Makes approximately 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment