Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Banana and Oat Quick Cake


Omg, banana bread pudding amazingness, or at least the healthier cousin version! I know, you must be looking at the picture saying, "seriously?!" But trust me, YUM! 

Deriving inspiration from numerous recipes (protein muffins, one cup microwave cookies, etc.) I concocted an amazing quick cake. I ate it the first time as a dessert because I was having a late night sweet tooth, but this could easily be a quick breakfast or pre-work out snack! Lucky for me it was packed with protein, gluten free oats and natural sweetness so my sweet tooth didn't totally sabotage my whole day's work.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup quick oats (or one packet of instant oatmeal. You could use a flavored kind if your diet will allow for a few extra grams of sugar)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp granulated stevia
1/2 mashed banana
4 tbsp water (or milk of your choice)
2 egg whites
3 tbsp vanilla protein powder- I used Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard Vanilla Whey
¼ tsp vanilla extract


Directions:
Mix all ingredients well in large mug. It will expand a lot! Microwave for 2mins (watch carefully so it doesn't boil over).
Eat, enjoy, drool, savor.

No comments:

Post a Comment